• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

LeMans for sale, maybe?

napa 1

Donation Time
Hey guys. Long time away from the forum and Sunbeams as my life with three kids in college, a busy business, and ailing elderly parents has kept me away from the car hobby :(. As such my poor Harrington has sat lonely in the garage with only the odd run and tinker, which makes me feel guilty and sad for it. As such I am considering selling her to give her her a new home and someone to really enjoy her. Never thought I'd part with her, but I really would love to see her being enjoyed more than I can. So, don't know where to even start, but just thought I'd throw it out there. Don't know how to determine a value, or best place to advertise. Of course I would be interested in selling to someone who would understand and appreciate what she is. Open to any advice and also open to be talked out of it. :)

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
John, I don't know what to say here. Certainly there is more than just cars in life but you can't be serious after all those restoration hassles- can you ?

napa 1

Donation Time
John, I don't know what to say here. Certainly there is more than just cars in life but you can't be serious after all those restoration hassles- can you ?
Ha. I thought I'd hear from you Bernd! As soon as I start talking about it, I change my mind because it reminds me of how awesome the car is. How's your project coming along?

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Yep, I couldn't resist to make a comment here. Hard to believe you consider selling the beauty.

For my project unfortunately not to much progress since my body shop is always excusing. At least they could finish my accident damaged SI in reasonable time which I enjoy driving a lot recently. Have to push the workshop to resume on my project again.
Nevertheless enough other Sunbeams available in my stable as you know and we did a lot of club activities over the entire year. Just helped 2 club mates to bring back their SIII's to the road plus we did a special for the biggest German British Car magazine on last weekend. So after all a very busy Sunbeaming year...

napa 1

Donation Time
Yep, I couldn't resist to make a comment here. Hard to believe you consider selling the beauty.

For my project unfortunately not to much progress since my body shop is always excusing. At least they could finish my accident damaged SI in reasonable time which I enjoy driving a lot recently. Have to push the workshop to resume on my project again.
Nevertheless enough other Sunbeams available in my stable as you know and we did a lot of club activities over the entire year. Just helped 2 club mates to bring back their SIII's to the road plus we did a special for the biggest German British Car magazine on last weekend. So after all a very busy Sunbeaming year...
look for an email from me shortly.

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
John, if you are still considering selling I'd be very interested in talking with you.