• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Lemans headliner

valueextra

Bronze Level Sponsor
hi I know people have had new headliners made for lemans has anyone got a supplier that’s got the templates and can supply one for me .i can get one made in the uk but if someone has a contact it would be easier thanks

65beam

Donation Time
My current LeMans project came with a pre made headliner but it wouldn't even come close to fitting. I've had headliners made for two of my Harringtons. The red car got a new liner in the late 90's and the local shop preferred to use my old one for a pattern but he made mods to eliminate the wrinkles on the vent area found on it and another of our LeMans. That guy retired and the shop that now does upholstery work for us made the headliner for the third car from scratch to be sure it fit right. I don't know of anyone with a pattern but would suggest you let a shop custom fit it to your car.

valueextra

Bronze Level Sponsor
Thanks I do have the old one to go off but just wondered if anyone had a supplier after having one done themselves

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
No supplier available for LeMans headliners. If you have the old one you are already very lucky so it can be used as a pattern for any suitable upholsterer. Another headache is to find proper headliner material. Original pattern is impossible to find you just come close...

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
The original headliner material was a "basket weave" and I just made one for the Kellogg Harrington Project. Its available, but very expensive.
Jan

65beam

Donation Time
Dave's car is a Harrington Alpine built prior to the LeMans production. The headliner will not fit a LeMans. Two entirely different cars as far as the Harrington roofs.

napa 1

Donation Time
I may have the original headliner from my car tucked away somewhere to use a template, I also made a paper template from that which I must have saved. Will check when I get home to see if I still have it. I had a roll of the basket weave material and with the template, had an upholsterer sew it into a headliner for me.