• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

RHD LeMans

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bern, That is a very nice Alpine ( Done_a (1).jpg ) I like those wheels too!

I have been following along with the discussion on the HLM you Guys are making. Thanks for the gentle discussion of the similarity yet different pieces that made the HLM a beautiful project:)

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bob, Looking at the tail lights, I see an oddity in the lens on each unit there are two lens domed and one flat!Wonder the reasoning for the difference?
index.php

65beam

Donation Time
Bob, Looking at the tail lights, I see an oddity in the lens on each unit there are two lens domed and one flat!Wonder the reasoning for the difference?
Dan, The flat lens is a reflector. The other two are light units. The LeMans used the same light units but in a different configuration. My white car has amber turn signal lens since it is a U.K. ( HRO) spec car. My other two have the red lens.103_0079.JPG
index.php

65beam

Donation Time
The dash and seats are in on a temporary basis. Now that everything fits it's ready for the trip to Tiger Auto in Dayton this week for a few items that I don't have time to do. As Doug has always said; " some modification required " . In this case we decided to correct some bad work on the hinges. After he finishes and our Hagerty agent checks out the progress and ups the value the dash comes out to finish the wiring. The upholstery shop did finish the sun visors and110_0342.JPG still has to work in a few items between other jobs.

Attachments

• 110_0340.JPG
    110_0340.JPG
    254 KB · Views: 19
  • 110_0337.JPG
    110_0337.JPG
    335.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 110_0334.JPG
    110_0334.JPG
    280.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 110_0289.JPG
    110_0289.JPG
    263.4 KB · Views: 19

65beam

Donation Time
I should be installing the new tires mounted on the Minilite style wheels when it comes back. I'll have three cars with this style wheel.

65beam

Donation Time
Loaded the RHD for it's trip to another shop for door and window work along with other work. That's a Tiger in the background at the shop.110_0344.JPG 110_0346.JPG

65beam

Donation Time
A few more things are done. The doors have been adjusted and the left side is done. We're making a few changes to the egg crate grill. We're going to paint the body black behind the grill. A Tiger door moulding has been modified to follow the curvature of the grill and will be installed across the valance as was done on series 4 & 5. 110_0356.JPG

Attachments

• 110_0357.JPG
    110_0357.JPG
    238.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 110_0359.JPG
    110_0359.JPG
    264.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 110_0360.JPG
    110_0360.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 14

65beam

Donation Time
Installed the instruments and test fitted again. Still needs other items so I'll remove it and then install other pieces110_0340.JPG and hook up wiring.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yep! I was aware of that peculiarity, but was just wondering "if" you had changed it out.

Another bit of info I discovered a few weeks ago is that the Series I & II also had a steering column that is about 4 inches longer than later Series Alpines. Live and learn:)

65beam

Donation Time
Yep! I was aware of that peculiarity, but was just wondering "if" you had changed it out.

Another bit of info I discovered a few weeks ago is that the Series I & II also had a steering column that is about 4 inches longer than later Series Alpines. Live and learn:)
Dan,
It would be nice to have an adjustable column but it's rather hard to find a right hand drive box here in the states. I don't notice the length difference because the LeMans seats set you farther back than normal seats.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'm currently working to add an EPS to a SII that will have the telescoping wheel capability.

I bet I can "fix" yours for the telescoping function without changing out the steering box. I'll let you know when I get through with the current project:)

65beam

Donation Time
I'm currently working to add an EPS to a SII that will have the telescoping wheel capability.

I bet I can "fix" yours for the telescoping function without changing out the steering box. I'll let you know when I get through with the current project:)
Dan,
I never use the adjustable column. When we restored the series 4 I locked it in position and we don't use it on the series 5.