• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Atlanta British Motorcar Day 2018 June 10 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Dan, will you be attending this one? It's a new location for an event that has bounced around in the past. The last several years have been in the Roswell City Hall parking lot. Because the event is on a Sunday (and because of the city hall parking lot), no vendors, no music, no food, no drink. No gifts, no prizes. No nothing. Just cars. The nearest sandwich was a half mile walk away.

This year's event looks like it'll be held in conjunction with a festival, suggesting that there will be food vendors, etc.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I would like to! Anyone else you know going? A week from today!

I plan on attending (with just one car this time), and I know of two other Atlanta Sunbeamers who have plans to attend.

Alpine66

Donation Time
Dan Thanks for letting me know about this, going to try to make it.

Likely wont be bringing the 'pine, its up on jackstands at the moment.

Might drive the 71 Cougar though.

Last edited:

Alpine66

Donation Time
Dan, will you be attending this one? It's a new location for an event that has bounced around in the past. The last several years have been in the Roswell City Hall parking lot. Because the event is on a Sunday (and because of the city hall parking lot), no vendors, no music, no food, no drink. No gifts, no prizes. No nothing. Just cars. The nearest sandwich was a half mile walk away.

This year's event looks like it'll be held in conjunction with a festival, suggesting that there will be food vendors, etc.

Who else is going Greg, and will you be there all day?

sd_pace

Donation Time
they have been advertising the fest all week on the radio could be a fun day if the rain holds back see ya there

Alpine66

Donation Time
Anyone interested in an mg steering rack, aftermarket fiberglass top, or a heater core? Cheap. 40 for the rack, 20 for the core, $ 125 for the top. Its in primer(previous owner).

I can bring with tomorrow as long as I know today, planning on being there around 10 am.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bring it along and I'll load it up with the C4 Auto Tranny a friend is bringing:)

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
THanks James for the upload! These were the first to arrive. Had ten or eleven Rootes vehicles represented. Hope to get more PIC's uploaded.

The Yellow Tiger is Bill B's; The Red Tiger just arriving is Alan Rhodes, Barry is riding shotgun; & My Blue Boy V6 is getting squeezed in between "Them-thar Tigers" :)

Had a great time meeting lots of new Folks!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Here is a bit of the British Car Event in Atlanta June 10, 2018. I edited Bill WORD doc inorder to include some members not pictured. Here is the edited doc:
Atlanta British Motor Car Day 2018 By Bill Bulpitt/Deep South Representative

The Atlanta British Motor Car Day was held June 10 at a new venue in conjunction with the Peachtree Corners Arts Festival. This is at least the fifth location for this event (most recently in Roswell, GA) and hopefully this move will be permanent. Having the event at an Art Show resulted in better parking for spectators and more casual observers stopping by to appreciate the wonders of British Cars. The attached photographs will tell the story.
1. Sunbeam Owners gathered together – Bulpitt, Freeman, DanR Richardson (front kneeling) SAOCA Treasurer, Alan Rhodes, Greg (Greggers) Feist SAOCA Tech, Tom Johnson SAOCA Membership Dir, SD Steve Pace, Willis, Sybrandt Sr. and Jr. (front)
2. Shaded setting for car show
3. More of the Sunbeams
4. Race Tiger plus Alpines
5. Dan Richardson Alpine SV Blue Boy V6
6. Dan’s V6 Conversion
7. Relative newcomer Mark Willis
8. Bill Bulpitt’s MKII
9. Alan Rhodes survivor (40K miles)
10. Sybrandt race Tiger with 3 generations
11. Bill Freeman Tiger (work in progress)
12. Greg Feist V6 Alpine
13. Steve Pace V6 Alpine
14. Some members present but not in the PIC Cris Brown (Jeb Stuart) and wife can in their Series III; James (SAOCA VP) Barry K, Bob Fugate, & I might have missed a few more ?

Best looking British Cars at the Event:)

Attachments

• fwatlantabritishmotorcarday.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Alpine66

Donation Time
THanks James for the upload! These were the first to arrive. Had ten or eleven Rootes vehicles represented. Hope to get more PIC's uploaded.

The Yellow Tiger is Bill B's; The Red Tiger just arriving is Alan Rhodes, Barry is riding shotgun; & My Blue Boy V6 is getting squeezed in between "Them-thar Tigers" :)

Had a great time meeting lots of new Folks!
Good seeing you Dan, been too long.

Morgans, one of my favorites

IMG_20180610_101514.jpg

IMG_20180610_101748.jpg