• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What should I look for; Buying an alpine from a co-worker?

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
That is a very impressive rotisserie! I also made one out of engine stands, but looking at yours makes me less confident in mine. One thing for sure: I am not going to use mine with the front and rear suspension attached!

Nice work. I am going to be very interested in following the restoration work.

the ghoul

Donation Time
That is a very impressive rotisserie! I also made one out of engine stands, but looking at yours makes me less confident in mine. One thing for sure: I am not going to use mine with the front and rear suspension attached!

Nice work. I am going to be very interested in following the restoration work.

I tend to over build everything.
I saw some one once use two light duity engine stands not attached in the middle for a MGB restoration.. Seemed to work well.
With my criteria of pushing it in and out of my garage occasionally I felt heavy was the way to go.

the ghoul

Donation Time
Got another burst of motivation, stripped the suspension out of the car. I decided to use the sV driveline and suspension so I took appart the front suspension, made a jig for an engine stand, shot blasted then por15 the front cross member
269DC3A1-A28F-491B-AB18-BF42862F7AF0-1951-000003584E03F889_zps8bc777dd.jpg

9989F8A6-86D3-4DD3-91B5-915ED8CA2200-1951-00000358FE89E721_zps15a7ec45.jpg

chazza

Donation Time
Top work cobber!

Thank you for taking the time to show us the rotisserie - one day I will have to repair the repairs someone else has done :(

Very nice welding as well! The sills will be a doddle for someone with your expertise,

Cheers Charlie

Ray62pine

Donation Time
I just read the entire thread. Any ideas on his status of this car.

Hopefully, it is still in the garage waiting.

Makes me feel lucky to have somewhat rust free calif cars. But we do see some things like this.

Getter done.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Don't follow this guy as an example. He bailed on the project 3+ years ago and hasn't signed onto the forum since.

Mark ..... volvoguys

Boobtube

Silver Level Sponsor
Say it ain't so. He seemed pretty determined by his postings (and what he accomplished). When I saw the original car, I just thought, "walk away, fast". I was amazed that he had taken on the project. Maybe it killed him and that's why he hasn't posted anymore. :(

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Here is the last POST the Ghoul made that I can find.

the ghoul POSTED: Last edited by the ghoul : 06-09-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Sold, thank you!

His "Signature - bottom line says it all"....

I'm not kicking him, just making the point that experience usually pays off if we heed the advice from those who have it:cool:

Been there and done that too!

DanR

Ray62pine

Donation Time
It would be nice if that car was entered into the registry and perhaps someday under new owners we see it on the road.

There was a lot of time taken by forum members to help the guy, hats off to you guys.

Ray