• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dash Holes

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I am putting my Series I together.
I put my 6 gauges in and 4 switches in.

I still have the clock hole and 2 holes slightly larger than the switches and 2 smaller (not signal lights) but about the same size.

Any thoughts on what to fill them with.

Anyone have a working or repairable clock for sale. Or the Rootes Group plug that fills the big hole.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I suspect the larger holes are for the lighter and the screen washer. The smaller ones I'm not sure about - a photo would help. Meanwhile, this might help you identify things...

2qnxdfp.jpg

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I don't see you offering help.

But hey, here ya go, bub... this one's just for you...

2useoaw.jpg

65beam

Donation Time
holes

i own a series 1 so i know where everything is located. this one shows all the lettering backwards. you could easily confuse a newbie owner.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
One is left wondering that if you own a Series I and "know where everything is located", why are you spending loads of time criticizing me, and not spending a single moment trying to help a member who needs it?

My goal was to simply to provide help to a new member, and I hope that I have offered some help, however imperfect it may be.

Your goal is to be an.... well.... let's just say 'unhelpful'.

this one shows all the lettering backwards. you could easily confuse a newbie owner.

Do you even realize how silly that sounds? :D :D

I'm sure he's more than bright enough to work it out.

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks guys, the pictures are helpful.
The car is a Series I. Not sure about the dash, because my car did not come with a dash. I bought the dash from someone years ago when I started this project.
Does anyone have the Rootes Group plug the replaces where the clock was?

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Rob,

I just sent you a PM. I have the correct optional Smiths dash time clock for every Series Alpine if you're interested.

Thx, Mark ..... volvoguys

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Rob, I don't happen to have one, but I'm sure others here do. The plugs generally get tossed in the spares bin once you add a clock. My car came with a clock, so I never had one.

On a side note - were any of those plugs supplied in gold instead of chrome? I seem to recall seeing at least one in gold over the years, but I don't recall where or what car/type it was on. Maybe it was a Rapier?

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Bingo - thanks, Scott!

So, Rob, you're lookin' for a gold-lettered one.

Though, truthfully, the one I remember being gold was not just the lettering - the centre and rim were also gold. I'm pretty sure, on refection, it was a Rapier. I think they had gold trim throughout in certain years.