• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam script or logo

socorob

Donation Time
Does anyone know what font the Sunbeam scrpt on the tiger used, or anyone have a goo graphic they would like to share? Im trying to get something laser engraved and cant find a clear rootes logo with the lion or a clear sunbeam script. Any help is mucho appreciated.

greenbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Some years back someone on team.net made up a TrueType font that included the letters for Sunbeam, Alipne and Tiger. Is that the kind of thing you want? If so, send me an email address and I'll forward them.
Cheers,
Paul.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Looks like there are others wanting....!

Robbie,
I've emailed them to you. Enjoy!
Cheers,
Paul.

Hi. Greenbean, Beings that you are such a nice guy:D, forward to me too!:)

tiger2dan@gmail.com

The reason I suppose is that I have a friend that is in the upholstery business and just purchased a new laser for engraving "stuff"!

Thought of him immediately when reading "Robbie's" request.

Thanks for your help,

DanR

Last edited:

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
We have a very good embroidery place near us and they can take any computer graphic and make it into an embroidered product (towels, sheets, blankets, pillows, sweaters... basically anything).

If anyone can get me the script and/or logo as a nice file I can see what she'd charge to do custom work.

socorob

Donation Time
My dash is made of aluminum, so I was gonna get my glove box door laser engraved with the sunbeam script, but the place never got back to me and I don't know if theyre still open. I'll try to put the font somewhere to download and if anyone objects I'll be glad to take it down. Anyone have an FTP server or sky drive or anything I can upload it to?

socorob

Donation Time
If I upload every emblem, script, badge and the fonts that I found online, it's only about 1.5 mB

socorob

Donation Time
There should be a repository somewhere that we can upload anything like that to so everyone can get to them.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Each attachment on a regular post can be 97.7 KB if it's zipped. Maybe start a new thread for graphic elements... Or a segment of the photo gallery perhaps.

(It may even be possible to just change the filename extension to .zip without actually needing to zip it... Just change it back after downloading.)

greenbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm a bit hesitant to post them because I didn't develop them (and I don't know who did). Happy to pass them on individually - just PM me your email address. (Hannes, Bavaria - send me a PM with your email).

If anyone knows who did them in the first place (back in the Team.net days), perhaps we can get permission from the person.

Regards,
Paul.

greenbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
The TTF files are only a few KB each (three files - "Alpine", "Sunbeam", and (ahem) "Tiger"). <grin>

Cheers,
Paul.

greenbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Aha, info on the files shows 'Copyright John C. Slade 25 Nov 1998' - anyone know if John is still 'beaming'?

Regards,
Paul.

socorob

Donation Time
Well I actually think its one of those grey area things because it's Rootes font in the first place, like you couldn't put up a ford label and copyright it even though you made it. I will be glad to remove it though if there are any objections to it.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I must have done something wrong. I tried to unzip it and my screen started flashing. Had to do a shut down to stop it. I'm sure I have a virus now. Been thinking about Camaros... And MG's...:rolleyes:

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
These font files do not have any virus in them. Trust me,... I've been an IT engineer for over 30 years, and I fully tested them before I installed them on my own PC. They're clean and they work.

As noted, once you've downloaded them just rename each font file's extension from '.zip' to '.ttf' and then go to your "Start-> Control Panel -> Fonts" folder and then click "File->Install New Font..." and point to the place where you saved the three files. You can select all three and install them all at once.

Mind you, these fonts will ONLY let you spell words that have the letters from their respective titles (plus the "GT" over/under character). They do not contain an entire alphabet. So with the Alpine font, for example, you can write "Alpine" but not "Alpines" or any other word that contains letters other than a, l, p, i, n, or e.